Concrete Polishing & Epoxy Coating
Our two most common methods of treating concrete surfaces are concrete polishing and using high-quality epoxy floor coating. Both have benefits, and both are great choices depending on what you want from your garage or other concrete floor, both for aesthetic and durability purposes.
Benefits of Epoxy Garage Floor Coating in Cincinnati
There are plenty of benefits to using epoxy floor coating, especially for garages in which many people do their messiest work or store their grimiest outdoor equipment. When you choose to apply epoxy in your Cincinnati home, you choose a floor finish that’s:
- Attractive & eco-friendly: Epoxy can come in a nearly endless array of colors and finishes, and because it will only need to be applied once, you use fewer chemicals than you would with other options.
- Cost-effective: Epoxy is one of the most cost-effective floor coatings on the market because it can be poured directly over your untreated concrete.
- Chemical, heat, shock, & water resistant: Standard epoxy is viable for temperatures up to 200 degrees (higher with special formulas) and won’t incur damage if you spill chemicals or drop a large object on it.
- Easy to clean: Because epoxy covers the porous surface of concrete for a smooth surface, spills won’t settle into those pores, making them easy to wipe up.
- Strong & long lasting: More often than not, epoxy will be applied once and last as long as the floor it’s applied on remains in good condition. It won’t flake, peel, or dust off over time.
Benefits of Concrete Polishing
Concrete polishing is another way to turn unfinished concrete floors into durable, stain-resistant surfaces. Polished concrete won’t incur abrasions or scratches, and won’t peel, lift, or flake off. It’s also one of the most environmentally friendly ways to finish your concrete, because water, cement, and aggregate elements are all abundantly available and do not require any additional chemical treatments. Plus, it’s aesthetically more attractive than unfinished concrete, and the reflective surface helps maximize light, even in low-light buildings.
Ready to Get Started?
If you’re looking for a sleek finish for your concrete surfaces, call Garage Floor Company of Cincinnati for a free inspection and estimate of the area you need covered!